Monday, July 16, 2012

Two Chefs and a Boy in Paris

My career as a chef began with Stephane. Everything I know now about food stems from his influence or my grandmother Philomena. It is because of him that I, on a whim, decided to book a flight to Paris. What makes me laugh the most is that he didn't believe I was really in Paris. He of anyone should know that if I say I'm going to come, I will. He said ten other people said they were coming to Paris after they saw his photos. Only one actually showed up...moi!

We met near the train station. Had cafè au lait, croissant, and went shopping with his son Alex. Alex was a baby when I met him and he's nearly ten years old now. I would feel old but neither Stephane, nor I have changed much in the many years I have known him. He still makes me laugh and inspires me. His charm and character are so rare. I can only hope that everyone has a mentor like mine. Especially one you can meet up with in Paris.

Today was wonderful. Though we only spent a couple of hours together, I think this was on my bucket list from the first day I met him, and my job interview lasted three hours. Two chefs and a boy in Paris...perfection!
If only Corey was here with us...

No comments:

Post a Comment