Friday, July 20, 2012

Creature of Habit

Dinner again tonight is at Bistrot Linois. After a busy day of walking the city I decided to stay in the neighborhood for dinner. I know I should try many places but when the food is consistently good and the service is pleasant, and the view is lovely, why not just try everything on the menu?

Tonight's delight will be French Onion Soup, and Sole Meunière. I'm curious about the fish because the waiter asked me if I wanted to prepare it. I should have said yes but I didn't and I'm hoping he will at least do it in front of me.

The soup is delightful. Piping hot, I almost burned my mouth. I allow it to cool a bit as I stare at it in wonder. Why is it that French Onion Soup always tastes better in France? I savor every spoonful as I watch the parade of people pass by.

The Sole comes already prepared. I now really regret the decision to not prepare it myself. While it is still lovely, I might have liked to see it staring at me before I consumed it. It's cooked to perfection. The side dish of potatoes is a nice accompaniment. I'm happy to have order a fish dish and something that is not raw. It is the most expensive item on the menu at 29€, but well worth it.

I decide to complete my meal with a sweet aperitif. I have no idea what it is but it's making my tongue dance.

Cheers from Paris with love!

On a side note, I'm truly fascinated by the amount of people who walk their dogs in this city without a leash. They are so well trained and in tune with their owners. It's so cool to watch. Dogs are allowed in restaurants here also.

No comments:

Post a Comment