Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I Hate Shopping, Unless I Am In Paris

Galleries Lafayette is basically the only store you ever need to visit in Paris. It's like having all of South Coast Plaza in one building. Amazing doesn't even cover it. There are Chanel and LV boutique's inside. There is Pierre Hermes for all of your sugar fantasies. Want sushi? They have that as well. Every brand worth buying is available. Today, everything was on sale.

My mother took me to the store on my first visit to Paris. I fell in love. I returned with my father and he was equally impressed. I managed to convince him I needed a pair of boots at the time. I still have them.

The store is magic in itself. Floor after floor of everything fashionable from babies to what you would want to be buried in.

While inside, I was focused. I didn't have time for photos as I was on a mission. I found a new pair of shoes! That pair quickly turned into another...sensible blue leather booties and ballet flats to match my previous days purchases. The options are overwhelming as there was a rainbow of colors to choose from. I was torn between blue and green and decided if the blue fits, to buy them!

I also found some gorgeous little dresses to match my new life in Nashville. The quality of clothing and the prices here are not like that in the US. Total win!

Hopefully tomorrow I will be back to walking the city and sitting in parks. I did enjoy the metro rides today with the ever appropriate while in France, accordion playing man. Note to self: learn to play the accordion ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment