Saturday, July 21, 2012

Saturday Lunch

Out for a walk and on a mission to find the items my mother has requested from Paris, I stopped for lunch at a lovely place in the 15th. A sunny day in Paris, I once again sat outside. The restaurant was buzzing with patrons. Everything seems faster paced today, with the exception of me. I have slowed incredibly. I probably should have started with coffee today.

The view from my table is a gorgeous church and blue sky's, with a few scattered clouds. Perfection!

I ordered a glass of rosé. It was delightful, though again I say I should have started with something caffeinated.

In the distance I discovered a place of familiarity. Charlie Birdy is a restaurant that I dined at with my father. Sometime between Christmas and New Years a few years back we enjoyed a lovely meal there. All the memories came flooding back.

I ordered a light lunch of Serrano ham and melon that is served with a salad. As the sun pours on my face I see many people pass by with their groceries and ever present baguette. I enjoy the sun and my lunch at a relaxed pace.

As I walk around the shops after lunch, I'm am drawn to all of the fresh produce and a beautiful cheese shop. The colors and the smells are incredible. The displays in all the shop windows are enticing. I want everything.

I managed to find one of the items on my Mother's list of Parisian requests. Now if only I can find a Monster Truck for Myles. I told him, "I'm working on it", and everyday during our video chats he wants to talk to me and see Paris and asks if I'm still working on finding him a Monster Truck. Adorable! I suggested the Ducati that I found outside my hotel, and he would like that as well. He's not even four yet and his list is bigger than mine! I'm enjoying teaching him about Paris via chats from my iPad. I can't even imagine life without having that kind of contact.

I am enjoying my trip so much. Stephane and I were chatting this morning as he sent me photos from Normandy of his family and the beaches. I told him we should stay in France. I'm so tempted, but I know I will be back soon. I'm not looking forward to Monday as it draws closer and closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment