Monday, July 16, 2012

Dinner: Back at Bistrot Linois

Call me a creature of habit, but if I enjoy a meal and the service and overall experience is good, I will frequent a restaurant. My last visit to Paris, we dined or had café and dessert at the same place daily. We liked it. It was lovely and a familiar place with familiar faces by the end of our trip.

This evening at Bistrot Linois, I began with Hot Goat Cheese on Grilled Bread. Served atop salad it was a great way to start my meal. The Sancerre here is my favorite. It's possible that it is my favorite French wine. I opted for 25cl over tap water. Wine in Paris is good at any time.

For main course, though I was already full, I had Fois Gras. It was amazing. As a former vegan, I have to say this is the only delicacy aside from bacon that keeps me from going back. I don't care what you say about it, as a chef and foodie, I love it. It is something I wish the Boo's were here with me to enjoy.

I finished my evening with a double espresso. I'm spent. Between the travel, lack of general sleep, wine, rich food, and exercise, I will need the caffeine just to stumble back to my adorable hotel so I can do it all again tomorrow.

Tomorrow's plan, books & art along the water! Let's see how that works out for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment