Wednesday, July 18, 2012

To Eat or To Drink...

Stephane was telling Alex that everything that's French is good. I agree.

I don't eat a lot. It seems the more I walk the less I want to eat. It's heartbreaking as a foodie because I want to stop everywhere and try everything! I usually just stop for a glass of wine. Sancerre blanc is my wine of choice followed by an afternoon rosé. Today I had no wine before dinner.

I stopped in next door to Bistrot Linois in an attempt to shake it up a bit. Le Relais Charbon is a smaller place and a bit less expensive. In the 15th it's mostly locals. A far cry from the area around Notre Dame which is not only swimming but flooded with tourists and children. This neighborhood is lovely. Minimal screaming children, and as I'm sitting outside, I have had three well dressed men stop, mutter something in French to which I nod and say, "Oui!" to whatever their request may be. I do understand much more French than I thought previously. Responding however, has me looking like a doe in front of a Fiat. All the years of being around French men in kitchens has me under a spell. Between that and the wine, I relax enough to enjoy the random conversations that surround me.

Another lovely evening in Paris!

Last night back at Bistrot Linois, I enjoyed a Soppe de Poissons, et Confit de Canard. Both items were exquisite! The Little Mermaid is where I learned what a Poisson is, and I must say it's better in France. Kind of like everything right now.

My waiter this evening seems impressed by what he has seen on TV about California. He has also decided to stay with me there when he comes to visit. He wants to see the beaches. So, Mom, I found you a cute French roommate! He is very nice and offered to translate the menu for me. Menu's I can handle, mercí box pipe. <- the auto correct was too good to fix! Lo Scientology <- and again! Haha! Neither my French nor Spanish is translating to Girl Meets Tennessee.

I ordered the Entrcôtes bernaise. It was better than most steaks I have had recently. Everything does taste better in Paris. I'm enjoying my nightcap of Grand Marnier, opposed to café that would keep me up.

Another successful happy Paris Summer day! Oh, and yes people do walk around with baguettes constantly. Wish you were here!
Xoxo
GMTNIP

No comments:

Post a Comment