Sunday, July 15, 2012

Bistrot Linois

Sunday in Paris...much like East Tennessee, places are often closed. Le Bistrot Linois was suggested by the lady at the front desk of my über cute hotel Platine.

A typical Parisian bistrot, I was excited to see the menu. Though it sometimes frustrates me that menus are in English and French, there was a portion in only French. I enjoy a challenge and the food is part of my adventure here. I'm not extremely hungry for some reason but I know the Sancerre is calling my name. If I don't eat, I will likely fall asleep on the carousel across the street after I stumble into it.

A short walk from my hotel, I saw it, passed it and kept walking. I love walking the streets of Paris. I have not really ever taken cabs or the Metro much here. I can walk, and walk and to be honest, that's the best way to see a city. Especially when you're in Paris for a short time like I am...eight nights is not enough. I will be back again though. I just can't get enough of this place.

My charming waiter is attentive and adorable. I am half tempted to take him home with me, to America, to work for me, as a waiter. Easy there...
As the Sancerre starts to work its magic, I order Tartare de Saumon, it's served with frites et salade.
Call Me Maybe comes on the speakers. That song is impossible to escape! I'm enjoying every bite, moment, and sip here. I'm also reminded that traveling alone can be much more pleasant than having a companion. I have not a care in the world. I am enjoying being in my own company. I love the people watching right now. Btw, all of Australia has invaded France. That's all that's here. As this is my first Summer trip to Paris, I'm learning the difference between the seasons and the people you will find here. Everyone is pleasant but it's really fun to see the awkward couples trying to make conversation. Ahhh, I am so happy to be alone.

The food was divine. The drinks, perfection. The service, impeccable. I could have died after the cheese plate and never have missed out on anything.
I am at total peace. I should never have booked a flight home.

Note to self: I speak much more French than previously thought. Insert sabbatical to Paris for a year ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment