Friday, September 23, 2011

Walkabout






Yesterday was a nice day for a walk. A bit down the road from me there is a broken down barn. I am so in love with it. It has trees growing through it and the magic yellow flowers surround it. These flowers came up out of nowhere and have completely changed the landscape here. Further down the road there are Black-Eyed Susan’s. I don’t know who came up with that horrible name for such a pretty daisy. Wildflowers are so abundant and it makes me happy to see random patches of them growing. The miracle mud really continues to surprise me.

When Sarah saw the pictures of the cave her first response was, “Watch out for spiders!”
On my walk, I came across several Mammoth Spiders. They scare me. They were enough to keep me out of the Hundred Acre Wood.

The garden continues to produce pumpkins. There is a little one that has decided to ripen though it is less than six inches in diameter. I think that one will turn into Josh’s Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcakes.

Tony posted a link to this article about Shel Silverstein. Click here: Shel Silverstein

"Although I cannot see your face
As you flip these poems awhile,
Somewhere from some far-off place
I hear you laughing--and I smile."

There is magic in his poems.

Italian Food
Oh, how I love Italian food.
I eat it all the time,
Not just 'cause how good it tastes
But 'cause how good it rhymes.
Minestrone, cannelloni,
Macaroni, rigatoni,
Spaghettini, scallopini,
Escarole, braciole,
Insalata, cremolata, manicotti,
Marinara, carbonara,
Shrimp francese, Bolognese,
Ravioli, mostaccioli,
Mozzarella, tagliatelle,
Fried zucchini, rollatini,
Fettuccine, green linguine,
Tortellini, Tetrazzini,
Oops—I think I split my jeani.





















Shel’s words should be read by every child. Even if it’s on their iPad, and you should take a walkabout. Who knows what you may find? Say hello to my little friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment