Sunday, September 25, 2011

I am a Superhero!


Well, sort of...

I have two examples of why my mom rules:

First, she sent me a package. It included the sweater I really wanted from the Free People website, my leather jacket that I forgot to pack in the heat of Summer, a new journal for writing, and this book: Even God Is Single.

I know I'm a girl only her parents could love. This is proven. I am 21-ish years old and not married. My mother doesn't see anything wrong with it. In this fantastic and well written book, it gives 26 responses to tell people when they ask why you're not married. It is epic. I finally have a response to give the manicurist since the nail salon seems to be the place I am most often asked the question of why I am not married.


The reason I will use from now on is this; I am a Superhero in training. Catwoman, Wonder Woman, Superman, and God all have two things in common. They are all Superhero's, and all single. I don't plan on being single forever, but I'd rather wait, and wait, and pursue my Superhero potential rather than getting divorced from a starter marriage.




I have plenty of friends that are on marriage number two and I would have been, had I not been talked out of things by my mother and three best girl friends (Katie Stars, MoeMoe, & Gracie) over the years. I have saved my father infinite amounts of money by not having a lavish wedding. At this point, he'll be 100 years old when I walk down the aisle, and wether he's rolling down with me or smiling from above, I know it will only happen once. This is by no means an insult to them, I just got really lucky and out before the mess I was creating turned into something legal. I don't envy them and their experiences have actually guided me through the years.
Insert one of my mother's favorite sayings, "Some people learn the easy way, some learn the hard way, and some don't learn at all!"

Second, I got a series of emails from the Lexus dealer where I bought my car. I had asked her to take it in for an oil change when she had time. I was shocked to see that she actually scheduled an appointment and took it in. Good job mom! What impresses me more is that when I bought the car, I was given my first service free. If you haven't owned a Lexus before, please note that an oil change starts around $95. There are no hopes for a $19.99 twenty minute special at Jiffy Lube in my future. My mother informed me that the service guys instructed her to tell me that the next service was due at 10,000 miles. Not before, not after! Oh, and that it would also be free. Somehow, she continues her charm throughout the years and scored free service as long as I take it there.

The charm my mother has, cannot be taught. The damsel in distress role she can play is Oscar worthy. I admire her for this and hope that I might have inherited a bit of it. It's really quite amusing and not surprising that over the years she has dated some noteworthy people. She cracks me up and is strong in times of hardship. She drives me crazy but has managed to keep my fish alive. She allows me to dream big and want's to see me do more in the entertainment field. She was a model, then worked at Paramount Pictures, ABC, and KTLA. She took me around the world as a child, to the places I was studying that year in school so I could feel the history not just see it in a schoolbook.

I know I'm a Superhero in training but both of my parents are single and definitely Superhero's already.

P.S. I have no idea who the Gladiator man in the photo is. Taken in Newport Beach, CA, October 31st, 2007. The irony and even better part is in the Bat Girl picture I was in the wearing a ring on my left ring finger phase...WOW! I am a flawed Superhero.

1 comment: