Sunday, September 11, 2011

Happy Birthday Daddy Warbucks










My father celebrated his 70th birthday on Friday. He sounds so old when I say he is 70 so, I'd like to think of him being 30. It's more appropriate for how he acts. Several wonderful family friends have stopped by this weekend and for the first time ever, my father had one of my cupcakes. I never realized he hadn't tried any form of cake I have made. He's been diabetic since I was about 15 years old. I have made cobblers and other sugar free desserts over the years but never a cake. I figured since it was his birthday a bite of a cupcake wouldn't be the thing to put him in his grave. I made a fantastic meal for him and his friends to enjoy. Then I made chocolate peanut butter cupcakes. They were not sugar free. They are delicious! I use coffee in my chocolate cake and made a peanut butter Italian buttercream frosting. It was so awesome topped with chopped peanut butter cups.

I would post my recipe but it involves a scale to weigh the ingredients, advanced techniques, and is generally difficult to replicate. Buy a boxed cake mix, use coffee and buttermilk instead of water, then make a buttercream and add peanut butter. It's close enough to what I make and your friends won't know the difference. Instead, enjoy my pictures of the recipe I don't feel like sharing.

2 comments: