Sunday, September 11, 2011

Like a Rolling Stone



The above photo clearly illustrates the general mood in my house daily. My mother says I don't post enough pictures of myself. She obviously isn't on Facebook.

Quite frankly I don't ever want to lose my edge and ability to find humor in all things while rocking out and enjoying a good tequila on the rocks. That's my other kind of therapy. Long ago my father had asked me to set up his DVD player. The cords from the surround sound speakers were tangled but I had no problem plugging it in. My Aunt had come to visit and, bless her heart, she untangled the eight speaker cords that are each about 100 feet long. I finally figured out where each of them fit. His purpose for wanting this done was so I could watch a movie that was given to him by some close friends. Shine A Light is a Scorsese film about the Stones through Martin's eyes. It's a live concert shot at the Beacon in NYC and you MUST spend the next two hours of your life watching it.

If you happen to stop by my house at any point in my life, generally there is loud music playing, something cooking, and a full bar. A Rolling Stone gathers no moss. They also put on the best live show I have EVER seen. I saw them at Dodger Stadium in LA and haven't recovered from the experience. I don't want to. It ruled! Later I worked at a management company and they were one of our artists. They can do no wrong in my eyes. Mick is a legend. I might actually be star struck if I was stuck in a room with him. I would probably just watch him and say nothing. Keith, I want to take a shot with, and I have some undying crush on Ronnie. He's got the look that I find strangely interesting. I have a thing for skinny rock stars in eyeliner. I like a bad boy image and I am fiercely certain this is a part of me that will never die. It started when I was a child and I'm not willing to let it go. I also have always loved Tom Jones after I found a picture of my mother with him at the Greek Theatre back in the 70's. I was snooping through her closet and came across it.

I bought "Life" by Keith Richards a while back and it has made an appearance in my reading list a couple of times. I am easily distracted. I usually pick it up while I'm bleaching my hair. I was told by a friend to let the 90's flashback "phase" die. I don't want to change anything about the way I currently live my life. I'm not sorry. I'm going to take a bath tonight and sip a tequila on the rocks because I can. I'm pretty sure I was born in the wrong era.

God Bless America and long live Rock & Roll because I want to die a Rolling Stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment