Friday, September 23, 2011

Thank You, Stats, and Snail Mail

As a blogger you get to see things other people don't. I started and continue this blog as a means of selfish interests. How far reaching this completely self-absorbed project has become is surprising.

I consistently get feedback from my father, mother, the people mentioned in my writings, and dear friends. It is really nice that all of it has been positive. One of my friends is printing out recipes and text me a photo of the the file she keeps them in so she can try them. Another friend told me today she tried the Fried Chicken and it turned out awesome. This feedback means the world.

Prior to today my posts have been viewed over 1215 times! This to me is amazing since my father's clicks along with mine don't count. My other counter show the full blog, not individual pages is near 500 views in North and South America and all over the world. Mathematically speaking, it's far beyond the five people I know that read it multiplied by the 42 prior posts. Whether you googled something and found my page, were sent it by my parents via email, are a friend on Facebook, or came upon reading it somehow, I like that you stopped by. Share it with your friends. Email me ideas, stories, photos and feedback.

Without readers, there will still be a blog, but I'm curious to see what happens if it's more interactive. I love new ideas of what to make. My mother or a bottle of Chardonnay can only provide so much material.

I got some cool things in the mail this week. After mailing out the much desired Missoni For Target items that my girlfriends in California were unable to get their hands on, I got cards and letters! It's funny how much I missed getting mail that isn't a bill. The envelopes from my friends were entertainment enough, and the sweet messages were much needed. I also received a thank you card from my favorite Southern woman, Rosemary. It came in a package with the most fabulous apron I have ever seen! A thank you gift? For me??? Such a wonderful surprise! I have been using it and promise to post pictures. Also I would like to thank the people at Ducks Unlimited for the embroidered grey fleece sweatshirt sent to me. It will go great with my Missoni knee high socks and mini skirt.

I was wanting to beat that one guy with readers but I know I already do. Oh, and thanks to the other guy for the photo I got via text today.

xoxo Sunshine, Rainbows, Smiles!
~Miss Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment