Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween In Nashville





Last week I received an invitation from one of my dearest friends, Tyler, to go to a Halloween party in Nashville. Tyler and I met in college about 100 years ago and have tried and failed to meet up over the past couple of years. Mix in one of my favorite people and a Halloween party and you better believe that 200 mile drive across the state of Tennessee was nothing short of a blink and I was there.

Having checked the weather report I knew it would be a chilly evening. I'm not talking about 68 degrees chilly kind of California weather where I need a scarf and Ugg boots, It was 32 degrees kind of chilly. This limited my costume options so I went with warm clothes and a mask knowing that the party was both inside and outside. We went out for lunch when I got there and costume shopping with Stacy. We then went to the liquor store for some party supplies and made an amazing concoction that was hauntingly delicious.


Haunted Jungle Juice (Party Size)

2 Good Bottles of Vodka (750ml)
1 Bottle of White Rum (750ml)
1 Handle Bottle Malibu Rum
2 Litre of Orange Drink
1 Carton Box of each:
Light Lemonade
Fruit Punch
Orange Pineapple Juice

Pour over ice into a large container and shake it around...be careful this stuff creeps up on you!

The party we went to was awesome. Everyone was dressed up. There were corpses and skeletons hanging in the trees. There was a coffin surrounded by candles. Each room had a different horror film playing. There were body parts floating in the pool. The decor and music outside was incredible. The food and treats were all Halloween related. The giant bonfire in the back yard out by the woods was warm and creepy since there were ghosts in the trees. My compliments to the hosts as we all had a wonderful time.

Happy Halloween! xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment