Friday, October 7, 2011

GMTN Goes NYC: Part 1

I heart New York!

Some say Paris is the city of love. While this is true, New York has opened an outpost of Ladurée. The place I dream of. Ever since my chef/mentor Stephane told me about it and showed me photos, I have been in love. Ladurée Website click here

I have long been obsessed with Parisian Macarons. They have come to the greatest city in the world, NYC. They are flown in along with my favorite tea of all time. When my father and I visited Paris we enjoyed all things Paris has to offer. When I say I'm the luckiest girl in the world, I am not kidding. My mother took me to Paris for my first time when I was seventeen. I felt so blessed to be able to go back with my father who surprised me with a trip after I had mentioned that I dreamed of waking up one Christmas and being able to look at the Eiffel Tower. He made it happen. My other favorite Christmas, I was alone having just moved to NYC for school. I went for a walk throughout the city on Christmas day. I knew I would always love NYC.

Last week I was able to visit NYC. I stayed with my BFF Katie and her gratious roommates. We had a great time. The extended weekend was filled with food, friends, football, and more food. What more could a girl ask for? Well I got that too. An adventure to acquire a green box from Ladurée to bring to my mother.

On my adventure, we drove through Central Park, as it was a lovely day to do so. The detours made me late to meet my friend JJ for our Macaron Mission but it was worth it. We continued the adventure with lunch at the greatest place ever, Shake Shack. I crave few things but the Shroom Burger is on my list. Neither of the gentlemen I was with, though they both live locally, had ever been. They now share my love for Shake Shack as they both had the Shack Burger and were impressed. It was such a fun day! Since I moved from the city, every visit has included a visit to Ron Ben-Israel Cakes, where JJ works and I stand in awe and eat cake, and also a Shake Shack visit. Yes, both are that good.

I can't wait to share a cup of Ladurée tea with my father, and taste Paris again thanks to New York. My mother loved her green box, and my friends whom had never seen a Macaron have now tasted the best in the world. I don't mess around.

No comments:

Post a Comment