Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Origami Folding Fun



While searching for things to keep myself busy when I was at the craft store in California, I came across Origami paper. This can provide hours of entertainment. I contemplated purchasing a book but I remembered that the internet is an endless free resource for instructions and inspiration. I got a couple little packages of the six inch square paper. Years ago I learned how to make a frog out of a dollar bill and that continues to amuse people, generally people in bars when I'm bored. I like to stay busy.

I started my internet search with basic origami and found a cute little Panda pattern. After that I made a Pumpkin followed by a Lotus Flower which turned out pretty cool. This is a great craft that you can do when you're looking for something to keep you busy or to make with children. It can be challenging and rewarding and it all comes from a little piece of paper and a bit of time. Next, I think I will make more Halloween decorations. I saw instructions for a bat and some other cool things. Happy folding!

1 comment: