Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sun Dried Rocking Chair



My mom hasn't figured out how to post comments on my blog. She emails them to me. I'd like to share the one she sent regarding my last post:



Thanks mom. I think I'll be okay. Without fantasy, living in Mandyland just wouldn't be very interesting and I wouldn't have a blog to write. I think it's important to encourage your children and friends to live out fantasies. Disney has made a fortune on this idea and helped me create and complete a project.

I finished the rocking chair! What a pain that was. Thankfully I only bought one. I can only imagine if there were more, how long they would sit unfinished. Knowing now that I should have sanded it better to begin with, if I ever decide to re-finish it or anything else for that matter, I am certain I will do a better job. Also, a table might be easier. Something flat that doesn't have as many individual pieces. I told my dad that I wanted to make sure it had character and looked like I did it. He laughed at me. I guess the parts where I didn't sand off all of the drip stains are evidence enough that it was my work, not his. It's drying in the sun and looks so pretty. When I told whatshisname that I was going to stain it myself, he asked what color. I told him that I wanted it to be Honey. His response was, Oooooh nooooo! That's sticky and will attract bees. I'm still laughing.

The banjo fantasy project is, and will remain a work in progress. Now I just need that fantasy farm boy to come by and carry the rocking chair up the three flights of stairs to the deck outside my bedroom. I guess I will be sitting in the sun for a while.

1 comment:

  1. Mandyland is too fun to ever give up! Can't wait to see the next project :-)

    ReplyDelete