Thursday, August 30, 2012

Tennessee Tips!

I've learned a lot of new things living in the city. Nashville is a great place filled with wonderful people. Since I keep learning new things I thought I might share two Tennessee Tips today! You may find them useful wherever you live.

Tennessee Tip número uno:
The Red Solo Cup iPhone Amplifier

Red Solo Cups have been a part of my whole life. Since they're widely available, I have used them at backyard picnics as a child, in high school at our keg parties where we would drink Newcastle on the soccer fields in Laguna, and now they were a part of my moving care package from Bev. She was smart and sweet enough to pack up some cups, plastic ware, paper plates, napkins, soap, a sponge, toilet paper, shampoo, body wash, and a pen and paper so while I was moving I didn't have to search for anything!

The Red Solo Cups proved extra handy when we went on our canoe adventure a few days ago. Steph, a fellow California girl taught me this tip! If you place your iPhone in a Red Solo Cup, the sound is instantly amplified. What's better is that it's added protection against minor water spills and fits nicely in the canoe cup holder! Your music is louder and you don't even have to fuss with external speakers! Genius!

Tennessee Tip número dos:
Carry a coozie!

At night I always have a small purse with minimal necessities when I go out. Wether it's a friends house or a local bar, beer is always better cold. A coozie is slim enough to fit inside my smallest cluch. I know because the first night I was in Nashville, one of the sweet gentleman from Rebar bought me a beer and gave me a coozie with it! It's standard practice in these parts to cover your beer. Out at the ranch they are referred to as "Huggies", but whatever you call it, always keep one with you! You never know when you're going to need it!

For those of you unfamiliar with a coozie please reference the Urban Dictionary definition:

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=coozie
A beer holder that keeps your beer cold. An insulated wrap that holds a can of beer. Usually made of Neophrene or styrophome (Must be a Southern term)

No comments:

Post a Comment