Monday, August 27, 2012

Sunday Gunday

Oh Tennessee! How I love thee. In my short time thus far living in the city, the most exciting invitation #themandies have received was to go to "The Ranch". Details on where this ranch is located, who hangs out there, and what happens there are vague. I couldn't tell you if I wanted to. Let's just say this not so little property is not only gorgeous but filled with stories and history. It's one of the coolest places to escape to and it's not on any map.

The lake, streams, animals, houses, barns, and trails are all so interesting. It's a world away from where I grew up yet strangely comfortable. The food and company and conversation was really nice. It felt like a long vacation and we were only there for the afternoon and evening.

On the shooting range, the boys were busy with their favorite long guns. I got in on a little bit of the action but had some fun watching them shoot skeet as I pushed the button on the machine.

We are such lucky girls to have been able to go to this hideaway. Next time I'm bringing dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment