Monday, August 6, 2012

St. Louis & Waterloo In A Nutshell

I love my friends. I really love my friends who have become my family. Camellia, Mama Bea, Lil Lexi & Bradley live in a small town outside St. Louis, across the state line into Illinois. Waterloo is where Mama Bea has lived for several years. I was excited to see Camellia and her kids.

We had planned to take the children to Six Flags over St. Louis for some roller coaster fun. I am terrified of heights but I got charmed into riding the scary rides with Lexi who is 11 and unafraid.

We also made dinner. Mama Bea's husband Norm had gone to a butcher shop and came home with a pork loin wrapped in bacon and stuffed with cream cheese and jalapeƱos. Camellia and I decided to make our own version. It was amazing.

I took a pork loin and cleaned it. I butterflied it open and filled it with seeded and deveined jalapeƱos and cream cheese. I rolled it up and with the seam down, I wrapped it in thick slices of bacon. I baked it at 350F covered in foil for 30 minutes, uncovered for another 30 minutes and then turned up the heat to 425F for another 10-15 minutes to better brown the bacon.
I can't tell you enough how good this dinner was. You need to make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment