Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I'm Addicted To Popsicles

Nashville among it's many perks is a foodie town. It brings me joy to see food trucks everywhere and be able to talk food with all of the wonderful people I am meeting here. Britt, also hails from California and lucky for me, one of her friends suggested she go to Las Paletas Gourmet Popsicles. As soon as she mentioned popsicle, I was sold!

The Mandies set out on an adventure yesterday. We had a lunch date at Tavern in Midtown and the food was amazing. Sweet Potato Chips with Blue Cheese Fondue, Tuscan Fries, Short Rib Tacos that I'm now craving again. It was all so delicious.

Our mission for the day along with setting up some last minute details for Tyler's surprise birthday party, was Popsicles! As soon as I saw the menu online, I knew it would become my favorite place! We were not disappointed.

Las Paletas is located in a cool part of town near lots of shops and restaurants. It's small and unassuming. If you were not aware of it's amazingness you would likely just pass on by. The menu includes creamy and fruit paletas. I opted for the Hot Chocolate w/ Chili and Mandi went for Chocolate w/ Mint Chips. Mine reminded me of a fudgesicle with a kick of spice. I'm a huge fan of spice in my sweets so this was a great choice. It will definitely have me going back there on a regular if not daily basis. Mandi was also a big fan. We were like two little girls sitting in the sun, talking business and eating popsicles.

The menu changes on a daily basis, much like the cupcake shops in California. We are so excited to get to try all the flavors! If you're ever in Nashville, be sure to try Las Paletas. You might even see The Mandies sitting outside with big smiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment