Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving: Twinkie Stuffing With Cranberries


Twinkie Stuffing!!??! Yep! I made it. I did add my own twist on the recipe as usual and the result was amazing. I would make it again and again. I was surprised by the outcome especially considering I wanted to make it as a humorous element to my Thanksgiving day feast. The original recipe seemed bland to me and with the addition of dried cranberries and roasted peeled chestnuts, there was texture and the sweetness needed to complete the meal without having to make cranberry sauce which is not one of my favorite things. I always bake my stuffing separate and this is an easy recipe if you make the cornbread muffins a day ahead of time. This delicious dish will be a conversation starter at your family feast!

Twinkie Stuffing

1 package Jiffy Cornbread Muffins, prepared according to box instructions
6 Twinkies,halved lengthwise, filling removed and reserved for Turkey Glaze
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, diced
1-2 T chopped herbs (same as your Turkey herbs)
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 package roasted peeled chestnuts, chopped
1 stick of butter, melted
1 can chicken broth

Rough chop the Twinkies and Cornbread muffins. Mix in the apple, cranberries and chestnuts. Place the chopped herbs in the melted butter and add to the bread mixture. Pour in the chicken broth and gently mix. Place in a greased or parchment lined baking dish and bake at 350-375 until top is golden brown and stuffing is heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment