Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving: Corn Souffle


I was surprised when my father asked me to make a corn souffle. I have never heard him mention it in all the many years I have been making Thanksgiving meals. Honestly, I didn't think I would like it and the recipes called for canned and boxed ingredients. Considering I was making Twinkie stuffing, I thought this was cheating again and lost the battle when we were grocery shopping and he picked up all the ingredients for it. It turned out great and made a wonderful addition to our meal. I might make it again but a more complicated, fresh version so I have some personal satisfaction as a chef. The recipe is quick and easy and bakes in about 30 minutes. I served it warm. He enjoyed it so that is success to me.

Corn Souffle

1 package Jiffy Cornbread mix
1 can Corn, whole, drained
1 can Creamed Style Corn
1 stick Butter, melted
1 cup Sour Cream
2 Eggs

Mix all ingredients together and pour into a greased baking dish. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment