Monday, February 27, 2012

Crochet Crochet

Crochet is fun to say! I think it's a wonderful mindless time killer for idle hands. I learned how to make pot scrubbers as a child. My grandmother taught me during the Summers I spent with her at her Georgia lake house. I haven't done it since. I spent a brief period in my early twenties teaching myself to knit. I made some blankets and scarves and hats but never really mastered anything but basic stitches.

A ball of yarn and a crochet hook cost me under three dollars and now I'm making all kinds of silly little things. After I understood the basics, I graduated myself to circles and then shell stitches. I'm quite proud of what I have learned in such a short period of time. Online guides from Pinterest and google have helped. I also got a book that taught me the more advanced decorative stitches and am slowly learning new things. Most of the time I don't follow patterns because I don't like directions. Such a fun hobby to add to my collection. Here are some of the things I have made...

No comments:

Post a Comment