Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sweet February

February is a great month. It's the time every year I tend to pull myself out of the dark clothes I have been wearing all Winter and add some color. I walked by the window of J Crew a few days ago and fell in love with their color story for Spring. There's still a little bit of the former fashion girl in me yet.

February is also the month of love and hearts and flowers and for the first time in many many years I was excited to make some Valentines for my friends.

I used the concept from the rainbow cookie dough and changed the recipe a bit. This time I rolled the dough and cut out hearts. I also added strawberry flavor and a bit more sugar to make them sweet. They were a huge hit with my Valentines!

Some Vanilla Sugar Cookies got the love with icing and sprinkles!

Each of my cookie packages included a variety of cookies and a couple of Hershey's Kisses, Conversation Hearts, and a Hello Kitty Valentine. My friends were very excited. Sherriepie even posted a picture of her cookies on Facebook to make her friends jealous ;-)

I was a lucky lady and received flowers. It was such a great surprise and nice to feel such love from the wonderful people in my life.

Making the cookie care packages has been so much fun that I think I might do it again for St. Patty's Day! Any excuse for me to make a rainbow I will take. Happy February to you and the people you love. Show them you care and tell them you love them. XO

No comments:

Post a Comment