Sunday, February 26, 2012

Oscar Worthy Pizza

I love awards season. As a child I spent hours in front of the mirror practicing my humbled shocked look for when I win an Oscar. Most girls dream of Wedding dresses, I loved my Grammy and ACM dresses. This year I'm not going to the awards shows but I can still feel like it.

I remember my first Spago experience as a child. That was the first time I ever had duck. It was on a pizza and it changed me. You would think having it served to me by Wolfgang would have been a highlight but it was the duck and a pizza that made my night. It was the year Billy Ray Cyrus had hit hit song and that was one of the most fun after parties for the ACM's that I attended. Eating pizza with BRC did not make my heart ache or break at all!

I made the Mozza cookbook's pizza dough a while ago and froze some of it. I am a big fan of taking some things and saving them for later just to see if they will work after being frozen. It was just as good. The texture was different and I made it very thin but even flatbread style pizza is Oscar worthy. I topped it with fresh campari and sun dried tomatoes, basil, burrata, bacon, and white truffle oil. All of my favorite things. I love white pizza and the white truffle oil elevated the flavor to something so amazing.

I can't wait to make this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment