Sunday, May 20, 2012

Macramé

Is it just me or did everyone's grandparents have hanging macramé planters in their home while we were growing up?
It's a fairly dead form of craft. From what I've been told it was old ladies and hippies that were the ones who made it popular. It has since gone long out of style. I however, still find it interesting. I think the simplicity of tying knots into something useful and pretty is quite fun.

Lost art or not, I'm a big fan. I sent my best friend a little hanging planter for her birthday, and one to my mother for Mother's day. They were elated. Now I know that two more plants will be given life in a functional piece of art.
I'm a huge fan of the hanging fishbowl. Not only is it pretty, it serves as home to a life that would otherwise be sitting on a counter top. Suspended, I'm convinced that living things receive more sunlight and attention which is good for everyone.

Eventually, I will have some planters for sale in my Etsy store but for now, you can email me if you are interested in having a hanging piece of knotted art in your own home.

No comments:

Post a Comment