Sunday, May 20, 2012

Grow your own food

I live in a place where if you plant it, it will grow. It's incredible to watch the transformation of my garden day to day. In my previous life I was a black thumb plant killer. It wasn't cute or funny. My mom would come visit and take my plants away to rescue them. It wasn't for lack of me trying to take care of them. I just couldn't keep them alive.

These days I'm able to drop some seeds in the ground and next thing I know, I've got all the fixings for a garden fresh salad. It's crazy and rewarding to be able to walk down into my yard and bring up lunch or dinner.

It's so important to know how to use the earth properly. Knowing how to grow your own food and being able to feed your family without preservatives and chemicals is something that needs to be shared. If you have never planted anything or even if you have a limited space, it is possible. Get a topsy turvy planter and grow some tomatoes or strawberries. Even a tiny garden can make an impact on the way you view food and life.

No comments:

Post a Comment