Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pizza Party!

My Aunt Toots pays close attention to things I say in passing. I had mentioned that when I ordered the Momofuku Milk cookbook that I wish I had ordered Mozza as well. To add to the endless reasons of her awesomeness, I received the Mozza cookbook in the mail today!

Since I'm a total foodie nerd and chef and always hungry to learn, I think I'm one of the few who reads cookbooks cover to cover before trying a recipe. This doesn't surprise me as I just read The Hunger Games trilogy in four days. *uber nerd*

I digress. I make pizza as often as I can. I have a love of all bread doughs and experimenting with new recipes gives spark to my otherwise consumed life. I spent several years coming up with a couple of pizza dough recipes myself and they have a dear place in my heart, stomach, and kitchen. That said, I'm open to improvements and different textures and techniques. Insert Nancy Silverton's recipe and homemade pizza is now even more awesome. The recipe requires three hours of rising time which seems like a lot, but I age my dough overnight. I think if I use the properties learned from her recipes along with my years of technique, it might make for the most epic dough ever! I have no friends who would ever object to pizza as a meal. I'm fairly certain that I couldn't be friends with someone who would turn down a good slice.

Start your test kitchens! It's pizza party time!

My biggest secret for homemade pizza success is using a pizza screen. They are inexpensive (under $5) and turn your oven into a pizza oven instantly. Don't buy and expensive stone that takes hours to heat and is bulky to store. Even when you're using store bought dough it makes a world of difference. Buy the Mozza cookbook! You will thank me later. Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment