Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Guilt Free 2012: Peach Pudding

If I told you it's possible to make a dessert in less than five minutes, with four ingredients, that is only 100 calories per serving, would you forgive me for cooking from a box?

My Peach Pudding is exactly that. I happened to come across no sugar added canned peaches. Banana pudding is a traditional southern treat and I loved the idea of peaches as an alternative. In less time than it takes to read this blog post, you can make a dessert that is guilt free and tastes amazing. If you eat the entire thing it still is only about 650 calories, although I'd prefer you share it with your friends or loved ones.

Peach Pudding

1 can no sugar added peaches, drained
1 small box sugar free vanilla instant pudding
2 cups cold milk
Nilla Wafers to top the pudding

Place the drained peaches in the bottom of your serving dish. Small bowls or glasses can be used for individual servings. Whisk the cold milk and pudding mix in a medium bowl for two minutes. Pour over the peaches and top with Nilla Wafers. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to enjoy.

Yes, it's that easy and I promise it tastes amazing. For a different twist, use sliced bananas and chocolate pudding mix.

You will have to remind yourself this recipe is guilt free because it tastes so indulgent.

No comments:

Post a Comment