Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Chocolate Chili Paletas

I quickly became obsessed with $3 Popsicles from Las Paletas when I moved to Nashville. I recently purchased a Zoku Quick Pop maker at a bargain price of 50% off. Now I can indulge myself at any time and come up with my own creative flavors!

The first and my favorite is a Chocolate Chili Paleta! It's a delightful combination of creamy chocolate with a kick of ancho and chipotle spice! In it's warm version it's a killer HOT Chocolate recipe, but my intention was a frozen treat. Even in Winter a Paleta will bring a smile to my face.

Christmas Chocolate Chili Paletas
Yields Six Zoku Paletas

3/4 cup Whole Milk
3/4 cup Heavy Cream
3-3.5oz Good Chocolate
2 T sugar or TT
1/4tsp Cinnamon
1tsp Ancho Chili Powder or TT
Pinch of Chipotle Powder or TT

In a small sauce pot whisk together the milk, cream and cinnamon, then add the chocolate (chopped if you are using a bar of chocolate).
Over medium heat, bring the mixture to a simmer or heat until the chocolate has melted. Use a whisk to combine or you will end up with a grainy texture.

Add in the sugar, ancho, and chipotle to taste. Depending on the kind of chocolate you use you will have to adjust the recipe. Whisk the ingredients to combine then allow to cool a bit. This will make for quicker freezing.

Make sure your Popsicle maker has been in the freezer for at least 24 hours prior and insert the sticks. Transfer the chocolate mixture to something with a spout for easier pouring. Fill the Popsicle molds to the fill line and watch them freeze! Repeat with the second batch and enjoy!

I can't wait to use my quick pop maker with all of the fun tools to create more creative Popsicles! This product is a definite win!

No comments:

Post a Comment