Monday, October 15, 2012

Fall Colors and Bonfires

Seasons! Just the word is exciting for this California girl. Last year was the first time I was able to see the leaves change. Seems like a simple thing. I've seen a lot of gorgeous places but I think October of last year is what solidified the fact that I was going to call Tennessee my home.

I had packed only one suitcase when I set out on this adventure. By the time the air became crisp, I was hooked. The colors in the hills of East Tennessee were unforgettable. It happens overnight and if you don't know what I'm talking about, you need to get on a plane right now and come visit!

Cooler weather means bonfires. I grew up having bonfires on the beach with my friends. It's different here. There's something magical that happens when friends gather together and have a bonfire. It's almost hard to explain, but the rest of the world disappears and you get lost in the moment. I did. I'm lucky to have my crazy Nashville family of friends. When they start singing....oh yeah...it's the only place in the world I want to be, and I'm the girl who is usually dreaming of elsewhere and planning trips. Now I look forward to when my Nash Fam is all together. Magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment