Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Stanley Cupcakes!

I'm a die hard Kings fan. Hockey if you have to ask. I grew up at the Forum Club. Went to hundreds of games with my father who was also a die hard fan. We never faltered on loyalty. Lots of seasons without ever a title. 19 years ago they were Smythe Division champs which doesn't even exist now.
In February my father and I were watching a game. Kings weren't even a contender at that point and he turned to me and said, "Manda Cole, Kings are going to win the cup this year!" I wasn't so optimistic at that point and thought back two years ago where I was ever defending my choice of team to support against a hating Ducks fan and said, "Just you watch. In three years, we'll have a cup." My father was more correct than I was.
Yesterday we won. I have been fairly quiet during this post season. I didn't want to jinx anything. During regular season, I'm the first to call a game and make friendly bets which now I have so many Ducks fans that owe me dinners that I could never starve.
So they did it. I'm in shock. I'm not a fan of many things and have never loved any men other than my daddy and grandpa like I love the Kings.
So cheers to the Stanley Cup Champions that have entertained me for years and provided so many amazing experiences and introductions to cool folks. In honor of my awesome week and at the request of a friend, I made Stanley Cupcakes.
Having hockey in June was amazing. Being a lifelong Kings fan, it doesn't get any better.
Love and Cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment